Josh, Kelly, Everett, Emery, Atticus & Boo

Follow our day to day life through marriage, work, raising twins, and so much more. This is our Life As We Know It...

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

What's for dinner?

In an attempt to be better about blogging I'm going to start out simple. Pretty much daily I think "I should blog about that" but of course I don't. Sometimes it's things that I want to remember and sometimes it's things that I know friends have asked for more information about like reciepes and sometimes it's just silly stuff. So...here is my attempt!

What's for dinner? 

TACO SOUP

Last night we had one of my favorite go to dinners! Taco Soup! Thanks to some friends this is one of my favorite soups!


1 lb boned ckn breast ( I use boneless sometimes and already cooked) 
5-6 c ckn broth
1 onion chopped ( I did 1/2 last night) 
1 green pepper- chopped
1 clove garlic- minced
1 15oz can diced tomatoes
1 10oz can tomatoes w green chilis ( I put just one 15 oz) 
1 15oz can pinto beans - drain
1 15 oz can black beans - drain
1 15 oz can creamed or reg corn ( if reg corn, drain) 
1 t garlic salt 
1/2 t cumin 
1-1 1/2 pkg taco seasoning ( I used a little over 1 - don't like super spicy) 
1 pkg dry ranch dressing mix ( didn't use last night) 

Tortilla chips
Shredded chz 

In soup pot cook ckn breast in broth, onion, grn pepper, and garlic clove, covered until ckn is tender. Remove chkn and cool- cut into small pieces. Return to broth and add tomatoes, garlic salt, beans, corn, taco seasoning, ranch mix, and cumin. Stir together and simmer, covered for 20 min. Serve w tortilla chips and shredded chz. 

Hope you enjoy!

No comments: