Josh, Kelly, Everett, Emery, Atticus & Boo

Follow our day to day life through marriage, work, raising twins, and so much more. This is our Life As We Know It...

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

37 weeks

Blog post from back in April...

This is it! This is the week we get to meet them. Can't believe I made it 37 weeks! I'd played different scenarios over and over in my mind & very few of them had me getting this far. What a blessing!

I didn't have to work on Friday or Monday because of Easter weekend! Great timing! That meant that I was able to work exactly up to the day I had them. Again, something I never imagined when we found out we were having twins.

Overall, I was feeling good. Finally super uncomfortable and a little tired of being pregnant. BUT that meant that I had to face reality. I really lived in a place of being super excited to meet them and scared to death of what was ahead...TWO BABIES! This kind of just left me in a content place of whatever is meant to happen will. No rush...

We went on our last date as just a couple to one of our favorite places, Dean Fearings. It was nice to just sit and talk about our hopes and fears for the upcoming delivery and for our new life with the twins. It was a sweet moment.

My mom and I also made tons of frozen crock pot meals. Figure life is going to get crazy when they are here so need as many things to be simple as possible. 

I had an apt. on Monday (April 9th), my last apt. before they came on Wednesday. The sonogram was good. They were measuring huge. The sonographer said she didn't even want to tell me the measurements because there was no way they were right. Boy was measuring 7 pounds 10 ounces and girl was measuring 6 pounds 1 ounce. She said they were just so smushed that it made it really hard to get accurate measurements.

When I met with the dr. she said that my blood pressure was a little higher then normal for me and I had some caffeine in my urine. Both signs of preclampsia. She said that my pregnancy had gone so picture perfect that she wanted to change their delivery date to the next day ( Tuesday April 10th). So, I left the dr. office kind of in a state of shock, but super excited to finally meet these two little ones.  Of course Josh had tons of things he was going to do the day before the twins came, so went into panic mode when I told him we were having them a day early.

I couldn't believe that this pregnancy was coming to an end. We were so excited to meet these precious babies that we had been praying for so long!

No comments: