Josh, Kelly, Everett, Emery, Atticus & Boo

Follow our day to day life through marriage, work, raising twins, and so much more. This is our Life As We Know It...

Monday, June 24, 2013

Sipping on a Straw

My kids love to drink water from a straw! Yesterday I talked about just normal sippy cups that I use for milk. But, for water I use cups with a straw. I just figured they can have access to water all day long and it's much easier to drink walking around with a straw. 

I first introduced the straw to them at about a year. We started with Playtex First Little Gripper Straw Training Cup. It worked great. You squeeze the sides so liquid goes up the straw and into their mouth. After a few times they catch on that if they suck liquid comes out. Perfect way to introduce the straw. My only complaint about this one is that it has a cover so you can take it with you places, but when you uncover it liquid squirts everywhere.
Even once they figured out how to sip from a straw, they still were always wanting to lean their head back and drink since they're used to a normal sippy cup. So...I did some research. I found an awesome cup! It's the ZoLi Bot Straw Sippy Cup! It has a weight at the end of the straw so it gets every last drip of liquid, plus the straw is flexible so they can tip it back like a normal sippy cup and the straw will fall to the lid. My kids love it! It really is a brilliant invention. 


No comments: